Which cities are vulnerable the most to earthquakes in Neal?
Nepal is located in a seismically active region, and many cities in the country are considered to be vulnerable to earthquakes. Some cities that are particularly at risk include:
- Kathmandu: The capital city of Nepal is considered to be one of the most vulnerable cities in the country due to its high population density and the large number of poorly constructed buildings.
- Pokhara: This city is located near a major fault line and has a high population density, making it vulnerable to earthquakes.
- Bhaktapur: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is an ancient city with many historic buildings that are at risk of collapse in the event of an earthquake.
- Patan: This city, also known as Lalitpur, is located near Kathmandu and is considered to be at high risk of damage from earthquakes due to the large number of historic buildings and the high population density.
- Kathmandu Valley: In general, the Kathmandu valley is considered to be at high risk from earthquakes due to the large number of poorly constructed buildings, the high population density, and the proximity to the Himalayas.
It's important to note that many other cities in Nepal could be affected by an earthquake and the risk depends on factors such as population density, building quality and proximity to faults.